How do you fight?
You will fall into one of three categories.
- Conflict avoiders – We never fight. I never once heard a cross word between my mom and dad.
- Volatile – Like cats and dogs. We fight all the time, over anything and everything. But we love to make up.
- Validators – Sometimes I win – sometimes he wins. We try to fight fair.
Remember: human behavior is knowable, observable, and predictable.
Here’s something you can know – Women are the ones who most often start conversations about problems!
- When are you going to finish cleaning out the garage?
- What’s wrong with your mother?
- You have to do something about the kids.
- You’re never home any more.
- You need to ask for a raise.
- When are we ever going to go on vacation again?
You can be sure that our husbands already know this about us. It’s in our nature – we are more relationally oriented.
There are two kinds of problems in marriage – those that can be resolved and those that can’t. The bad news is that two-thirds of marriage problems are not resolvable. [Read more…] about How To Fight In Marriage: Start Well – End Well