For several months the comments on Simple Marriage have been turned off.
What started as a summer experiment, turned in to something that lasted longer.
Simple Marriage has always tried to create a community for those interested in improving and honoring the idea of marriage, while at the same time experiencing more within their own relationships. While the number of readers here has dramatically grown over the past several months, the chance to really feel part of a community has been missing due to the inability to carry on conversations with each other in the comments.
Starting today the comments are turned back on.
Whenever you leave a comment on any post, it not only adds to the discussion, it enhances our community – and possibly improves someone else’s marriage.
The thing we love most about the community of Simple Marriage is the chance to meet others out there working to get more out of life and marriage – we love hearing about your successes, and even your struggles – and we know others do too.
If you choose to add a comment to a post, don’t think of it as a favor to us but as a favor to everyone else. See, as much as we enjoy reading comments, many comments are added just because other comments preceded them. There are many ongoing discussions and you could add a great deal to the conversation.
So we’re asking you de-lurk again – meaning move beyond just being a reader.
Here’s what we want you to do:
- If you are reading this in a feed reader, an email message, or some other way other than on the site, click here to visit the actual post.
- Scroll to the bottom and follow the instructions to add a comment.
- Type in your actual name so we can know who you are.
- Type in your website, blog, corporate site, or even your Facebook page, so that we can stop by for a virtual visit (this step creates a web link with your name). Please no inappropriate or pornographic sites as they will be deleted.
- Type in whatever text you want. Share how long you’ve been reading, where you live, how long you’ve been married, what you enjoy about Simple Marriage, whatever. Pretend you’ve spotted one of us at a coffee shop and you’re introducing yourself.
Don’t be shy. Join in the conversation again.